Would you like to influence cloud computing adoption in the Malaysia Public Sector? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with key Public Sector customers, systems integrators and solutions providers who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting and delivering cloud computing solutions? Do you have the business savvy, public sector sales experience (Government and/or Education) and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
AWS Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) is looking for an experienced public sector account manager to focus on the Public Sector segment in Malaysia. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive engagement and interaction with the Public Sector leadership team and technology and service providers, as well as a technical background sufficient to enable them to easily interact with software developers and architects. This role will develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and take on a collaborator role with cross functional parties in the Malaysia sales team.
The candidate should have a successful track record of meeting sales targets and a passion for developing new accounts. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and enthusiasm is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Public Sector team in helping to drive the success of the Malaysia AWS Public Sector business.
· Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory to meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets.
· Develop and execute against a territory plan that will progress to the creation and maintenance of a robust sales pipeline
· Create and articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services with the Public Sector
· Deep dive into sales/metrics data from your territory to support the evolution of your strategy.
· Work with partners to manage their pipelines, amplify their efforts, coach their resources and drive adoption.
· Assist customer in identifying use cases for priority adoption of Amazon Web Services as well as best practices implementations.
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
· Create and implement sales programs and tools that increase performance within your territory.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
· Bachelor's Degree in any relevant discipline
· At least 15 years of business development or account management experience in the Public Sector space
· Proven track record of consistent territory growth and quota obtainment
· Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
· Exposure selling to Public Sector customers in Malaysia
· Experience with government procurement and contracting process
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.